I just thought of this... do you know or wonder if stillborns could be considered a case of SIDS? adult content

Since SIDS is "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome" and is caused by the baby not remembering to breathe, etc. And since it has been proven that baby's "breathe" while they are inside of our wombs. Could some still borns really be a premature case of SIDS or something similar?

I am not trying to be a smartass (I swear), this is a honest question that I just thought of.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My stepmom had a daughter that was born and she was stillborn but they told her she died of sids. so possibly
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• TOTALLY DIFFERENT

babies don't breathe in the womb, no air. they practice breathing motions.
    and not all still births are caused for lack of oxygen
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don';t think so. Usually a still born dies in the womb. SIDS is when a baby dies for no real reason AFTER they are born
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think you are unerstanding my question keisha and maureen. I am asking is it a form of SIDS or the same idea. And babies breathe in the womb, they "breathe" our fluids.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry about that sweet_mama
    Memigen

• It's not possible to be stillborn AND die AFTER birth. They're either still born or live born, you can't be both.

still·born definition
    Function: adj
    : dead at birth compare LIVE-BORN

live-born definition
    Function: adj
    : born alive compare STILLBORN

dead
    –adjective
    1. no longer living; deprived of life: dead people; dead flowers; dead animals.

life definition
    Function: n
    1 a : the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional plant or animal from a dead body
    b : a state of living characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010