Quiche for Dinner?

I just put a quiche in the oven for lunch when my husband gets home, but he JUST called and said that he would be picking up a sandwich because his schedule is too tight to stay home for lunch today. So we're going to eat it for dinner instead. Im wondering, how do I store it between the time it gets out of the oven and dinner tonight? Should I just refrigerate it and then reheat it later? I dont want it to get rubbery or weird in the meanwhile...

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh and I will add that its crustless, if that makes a difference.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would take it out now, even if it isn't finished cooking. Refrigerate, then reheat it on a lower setting. I make crustless quiche all the time and often first thing in the morning, while it is still cool. I reheat them in the oven before dinner.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• refrigeration will be fine, and reheating isn't completely necessary you can eat it cold (I'm not a fan of cold eggs, though). I would reheat it in the microwave after you cut it into serving sizes. That way it will take less time and there is a smaller chance of it being rubbery.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'd take it out of the oven, and finish cooking it at dinnertime.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i finish cookin it and after i'll put it on frig ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010