What are some ways that you save money when Grocery Shopping?

Trying to shop more frugally, and need tips on how to save money :)

Annikakaley420

Asked by Annikakaley420 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• I do the bulk of my shopping at save-a-lot and then I go to publix and do the bgos with coupons. I can feed my family of 3 for close to $100 a month.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• You earn $100/hour by using coupons. The time it takes to cut and sort them are well worth it considering the money you save.

Only buy things when they are on sale. Pay attention to when certain stores put things on sale and stock up.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Coupons, some bulk items are cheaper. We will go around an price things. Find where the best preice is. I also make up a meal plan for a week and only get what we need.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• make a menu and see what items you already have at home b4 shopping. Dont go hungry. Stick to the list, buy generic when possible. Buy meat in bulk when it is on sale and freeze it. I dont buy soda, I just make iced tea at home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• this wasn't even my question and i got some good tips!!!
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Couponing, sale-price matching, and menu planning. I do once a month cooking which saves me tons of money. I make everything from scratch even bisquick!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 12:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Coupons in Print and Online, Buy what is on Sale, and Plan Menus that are Cost Effective.
    For example, chili, I make enough that will last till the next day. My family likes my leftovers, too
    If I know it will not be eat, it goes in the freezer for a day I don't want to cook.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 12:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• -never shop hungry
    -always shop with a grocery list, stick to it
    -dont shop with hubbys, so;s or kids
    -whenever possible match coupons to sales on items you want
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 12:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• All of the above replies are awesome.
    I stock up on stuff when it's on super sale or I can get it really cheap. I rarely buy anything that isn't on sale or that I don't have a coupon for. Preferably I try to use both sales and coupons at the same time. Keep in mind that on any one item, you can use a store coupon AND a manufacturers coupon. I take advantage of double coupon days.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• First I make my menu for the week.
    Next, I shop in my pantry/freezer.
    Then, I go to the Save A Lot and get what ever else I need.
    I bake my own bread and make everything from scratch.
    I use up the fresh vegies early in the week so there is no waste.
    I have Leftover Night on Wednesday.
    Breakfast for Dinner Night on Thursday.

I used to be the queen of the coupons...not anymore. It is cheaper to get off brand any day of the week then waiting for sales/coupons to make up the difference. I save the bulk of my money because (1) I make all my own cleaners, including laundry detergent. (2) I do not by paper towels, (3) We buy a quarter of a cow for the freezer.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010