at what age

at what age should i stop watching horror movies with my baby in the room and wat age do babys pick up on words

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would never have done that. Babies are susceptible to everythig around them. They pick up on words at an early age, but they don't' start repeating them until between 18 mos and 2.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I believe that from a very very young age they pick up words and start to take things into their brains, I've never watched a horror movie in the baby with my child but I'd say to be safe stop at about 4 months-ish?
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would say it depends on the baby, but when your LO starts to be interested in the screen it's time to pick tamer movies for when baby is around.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well, I would say when they start paying attention. My daughter started to pick words up at 7 months (but all kids are different)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I watch horror movies. My sons 14 months, but he doesnt pay any attention to whats on. If he starts to watch for some reason i turn it to something else.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine watched them from birth...he loves them. There is too much of a variation in kids development to give you an age on the other.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I always watch horror movies around my daughter. I was raised watching practically nothing but horror movies and "vulgar" shows like Beavis and Butthead, and I think it's because of that that I'm not easily offended or freaked out by things I see in movies. I never had nightmares because of horror movies or anything like that, and I intend to at least try that with my daughter. My dad would sit with me while we watched a horror movie and he would explain how they did certain things, like makeup and special effects.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Kids can recognize voices before birth. You're probably Ok with the movies until after age 1 or 18 months. Any younger than that and kids don't really pay much attention to TV.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I did the same as Mrs.BAT's dad with my son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010