Upset tummys, what do I do?

My son is 2 and he is in day care now they have sent him home once a week every week because he gets diarrhea 1 or 2 times a week every week. I know that is not normal. his diet has been the same since he was like 1 1/2 and this just started happening last month. I even cut some of his milk intake but still not helping and its making potty training harder, he does really well tell he gets diarrhea and dosent make it to the potty then he is devastated and he wants diaper for the rest of the day. my poor guy tries really hard and I hate seeing him upset. what should i do? are there any foods I can give him to make his poop more solid?

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My family had a stomach flu awhile back. I researched online and found that rice is a good food. The starch helps to make it solid.
    Angelabella

Answer by Angelabella at 12:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• try the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce & toast. Poor guy, hope he feels better soon!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yogurt/probiotics can help. I would speak with your pediatrician too, he could have a food sensitivity/allergy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• brat diet... probiotics... and figuring out what has changed.... most don't get diarreah for no reason... is he getting different snacks or drinks at daycare/school? maybe something there is bothering him...
    seems odd for a virus to come and go like that...
    i would check into the diet where he is... or other things that he may "get into" while there... see if that doesn't get you an answer.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• what ashyy said
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010