Upset tummys, what do I do?

My son is 2 and he is in day care now they have sent him home once a week every week because he gets diarrhea 1 or 2 times a week every week. I know that is not normal. his diet has been the same since he was like 1 1/2 and this just started happening last month. I even cut some of his milk intake but still not helping and its making potty training harder, he does really well tell he gets diarrhea and dosent make it to the potty then he is devastated and he wants diaper for the rest of the day. my poor guy tries really hard and I hate seeing him upset. what should i do? are there any foods I can give him to make his poop more solid?

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Increase his fiber. Add more oatmeal and roughage to his diet. The fiber will make him more regular. It can also be caused by stress and going to daycare can be stressful.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Maybe he is not eating enough solids. Bananas are a great way to get rid of diarrhea.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Cancel that!!! Bananas cause diarrhea!!! Give him oatmeal! That always works! Give him some cheese that binds too. Oatmeal comes in flavors too! Let me know how it works!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I usually try to do less fruit and more cereal. Is he teeting? Try washing his hands more and ask the daycare to wash his hands more often. That might help if it's exposure to common bacteria.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thanks guys. he could be teething i thought he was done with that but he has been chewing on his hands lately
    sami07

Comment by sami07 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• whenever i feed my son a banana, his poop his hard for 2 days. so if he's having diarrhea, bananas could help. just don't give him too many too often or he could get constipated. My son absolutely loves apples n cinnamon oatmeal. he would never eat breakfast until i discovered this and he eats every last drop of it. oatmeal is the best thing for fiber and it makes them really regular
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010