Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Applying for Pell Grants?

How do I actually get a Pell Grant? I did the whole fafsa thing and it says Im entitled to one but how do I file for it? Go through the school?

Answer Question

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010 in

Level 17 (4,600 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If your school has all of your info from your fafsa on file then they will award you one and you won't have to worry about accepting it b/c the school should do that on your behalf.

    Answer by coala at 12:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • So I dont have to do anything except enroll at the school?

    Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • yes, enroll at the school, get accepted, and go to there financial aid office and registration office and they will help you with all of that. its probably too late for this semesters though, youll have to to do the fasfa again for next semesters. PM me if you have any questions.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • nope, the school should help you with everything.

    Answer by asil at 11:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.