What activities do you do with your preschooler at home?

My 3 year old is home with me all day, she loves to help me clean and do household stuff, I try to play with her as much as I can. What are some activities that your preschooler likes to do at home?

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have started using this website it is a great website to start teaching your preschooler at home, it is www.letteroftheweek.com
    try it out and see what you think about it :)
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Coloring, I got my daughter board games/memory games for x-mas. You could try that-the ones for 3+
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thanks ladies, we also do flashcards, coloring and are working on writing letters. I will definately check out the website!
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Coloring, puzzles, teach him abc's, numbers, animals, we go on walks and I point things out to him or ask him what they are called
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 3 yo son like doing puzzles, coloring, modeling clay, and playing educational games on the computer. we also do songs and dance...lol.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Color, puzzles, read books, listen to music, take walks
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• painting is always fun!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• If you don't mind a little mess, my 2.5 year old loves playing in shaving cream. I use one of my cookie sheets with sides, and put a bunch in the middle. Just buy the cheap stuff (Barbasol). You can also mix the shaving cream with paint and when it dries it gives it kind of a cool texture.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 3:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My DD is homeschooled. So in the morning we do our lessons, then we have an outdoor activity (park, museum, etc) then nap time. We do lots of arts & crafts, lots of reading. DD plays with finger paints, we make nature drawing (tracing leaves etc) we bake (this a a GREAT way to introduce math). lots of puzzles, dance time, & games like Memory, Chutes & Ladders & Candy Land.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 3 1/2 yo is at preschool during the day, but when we get home at night she loves to color and read. She doesn't read herself, but she does recognize some words and loves to sit and hear a story.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2010