what color should I paint my walls???

I have a mostly green overstuffed couch with big pillows. One side of them is green like the couch, the other has a palm tree and some beige. I have darker brown carpet (it's light and dark brown mixed all in) and red, beige and gold and even some black accents in the room. my two end tables are dark wood. the ceiling is low and the space is very small. right now the walls are white. I have no idea what to do in there, but it needs something and our budget is low, so I thought paint, but I have no idea how to pick a color. any suggestions?

called2bmom

Asked by called2bmom at 4:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Go to the store and get a bunch of colors that you like, I'd stay in the nuetral area. Set them on the floor and look at them all at different times of day when there is different lighting in the room.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It sounds like you have subtle beige everywhere! If you painted the walls beige, it would pick up those accents and give them pop. Since you have red and gold accents in the room, you would want to get a warmer shade. Beige itself is a very neutral color, but be careful in which shade to get. Bring samples home before you get your heart set on something! Good luck!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I would go beige on the walls, bright white on the ceiling to add illusion of height and add mirrors to the room
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You could go with a deep cranberry, to make all the other colors POP, or you could stay on the safe side and do a warm caramel. You could also take the pillow from your sofa, or take a digital picture of the room and take the photo into a paint store for some expert advice.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 11:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would say a nice tan ,a creamy kind of color,think coffee with cream and sugar...lol i just painted my room "cattail"from Lowes go to their virtual painter and type in the color name and see what ya think ,it really opened up my room and made it look bigger but has enough warmth to keep it from being dull and cold...good luck

nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2008