Credit card question...

Here's my dilemma. I have a small catering co. I did a job for a client. They asked me if I accept credit cards and I said yes but only through Paypal. Now, after the job is done, they tell me they are forbidden to use Paypal. I need to find someone who does accept credit cards that will accept this payment on my behalf and then give me the money. Does anyone know of anyone? My rent is completely late and if I dont pay today, im gonna be served with eviction papers tomorrow.

prettymommyap07

Asked by prettymommyap07 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't... but how about getting them to pay you cash? Maybe they can do a cash advance if their only option is using a credit card? Sorry I can't be more helpful
    knoxmomof2

Answer by knoxmomof2 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Could they do it through Western Union or something?
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 5:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I tried western union and their credit co wont let it go through.
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If all the sudden they cant use it on pay pal or western union, it sounds like they're having trouble with their credit cards! I would tell them cash only.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Can they pay your rent with the credit card?
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Ive asked them and they say they would rather not, Im seriously going crazy!
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• it kinda sound like they are thing to get away with not paying. i would threatin to take them to court for the cost of the bill, plus court cost and late fees if they dont pay NOW. see what happens when they hear that. maybe with you telling them that they can come up with another form of payment
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yeah im gonna have to. The client is the national guard, so its kinda hard to be a hard ass with the Army.
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• The client is the National Guard?
    And they can't pay you appropriately? You cannot be serious.
    Tell them you want a check or money order. If they must pay be credit card, they may be able to pay straight into your checking account.

I would report them, take it to my lawyer, and tell him that the method of payment was discussed prior to the job being done. And yes, it's called playing hard ass. You did a job, you should be paid for it. I hope you had some sort of contract.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 9:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Sometimes, in life you have to get down and dirty. My husband and I own our of company and I guarantee you if a client doesn't not pay I will see to it that I get my money some how. We do landscaping so we have had to threaten several people to place a lien on their homes, which we can do. Do what you have to do to get what you are owed. Sounds to me that they are having credit card issues and are trying to blow you off! Good luck with everything and I wish you the best.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008