Fall Recipes

Our weather here in Michigan recently changed from the mid 90's to 70's! I'm not complaining, but now it's time to dig up my fall and winter recipes! Do you have a favorite "cool weather" recipe? I'd love to add it to my menu, so please share!

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always think of stew or vegetable soup for fall. Maybe because there are so many vegetables to finish up. The two differ mainly by the size of the meat and vegetables and whether flour or cornstarch are added to thicken the broth. Meat or poultry, broth or water, whatever vegetables you have- potatoes, onions, and carrots especially, but also beans, corn, tomatoes, celery, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 12:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• chicken and dumplings. i got it off the pillsbury buscuits. only i added peas and carrots to it. best of luck and enjoy!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Homemade soups ( vegetable, potato) and anything baked - both casseroles & sweets (I have few regulars, I look up new things on allrecipes to fit what we want on any given day, and I like to experiment and make things up as I go).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010