Has anyone ever tried the downy fabric softner ball? If so, how did it work for you? Also, can you use other liquid products in the fabric softener ball or just downy fabric softner products?

kai313

Asked by kai313 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use it too, and I don't think I have ever used Downy in it lol. I use Snuggle and it works great.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've used it for about five years now. IN fact, I still have the same ball. Yes, you can use any type of fabric softener in it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I use them. I actually have 3 because one always seems to get lost, lol. I love them! I use either Snuggle or Downy fabric softener in them and they work just fine. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I used them all the time when I did not have my own washer and dryer and had to use the apartment facilities. They work great. I've put Snuggle in there and it's worked. I think the weight of the liquid depend on whether it opens all the way. I've used cheap watery stuff and they did not open right.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I use it every day. Sometimes I use Downy, sometimes I use other stuff. If you use something other than Downy, just make sure you are using the right amount - don't go by the line on the ball, go by the measurement that the softener says to use. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I dont have one but want to get one. I was told you could use any softner in it
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have one and love it. I use Downy, Snuggle, or Gain in it, whichever is on sale. They all work fine. It doesn't have to be just Downy.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I loved mine and used them all the time until I bought a washer with a fabric softener dispenser built in.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I use mine all the time and use whatever fabric softener I have. The brand doesn't matter.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010