What is your opinion about 2012?? Do you think it is going to really happen?? Why or why not??????

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 12:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't.. there have been several "end of the world" predictions & none have ever come true.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• no, i dont think its going to happen. whatever reason we are here for, we've came too far for too long for it to does just end like that for no reason in such a silly way. i just dont believe it. i used to think things like that might happen, when i used to read the bible/revelations when i was alot younger but i dont read the bible anymore.

-
    when you are young, you always expect that the world is going to end. and then you get older and the world still chugs along and you are forced to re-evaluate your stance on the apocalypse as well as your own relationship to time and death. you realize that the world will indeed continue, with or without you, and the pictures you see in your head. so you try to understand the pictures instead.

PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes and no.... yes because the aztecs have been right about a lot of things and used the stars and other things to control their people and no because all these people keep on saying that this is when it is going to happen and well i just don't think so we will see in 2012 won't we...LOL
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No. It is a story.
    There have been many predictions....such as when 1999 became 2000 and everyone thought the world would come to a halt, but we are still here.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, I don't think so. But, if it does happen, it would suck - that day is my 25th birthday, haha.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I know it's not going to happen.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, I do not believe it will happen.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 12:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am positive the year 2012 will happen. I am also positive the year 2013 will happen immediately after. We will all be here to see them both, along with all the numbers after that, provided we don't individually somehow die of accident, crime or natural causes some time along the way. But, the odds of that happening to everyone who reads this are pretty small, so I think it's safe to use the generalization of "we all" in this case.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's an election year. If it's anything like the last election things are going to get crazy, but it won't be the end of the world.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'll let you know, the day after, when we are all still here and I will post a comment about it.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 1:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010