Thanksgiving

My yearly "sides" for Thanksgiving dinner are broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, stuffing of course and mashed potatoes. Do you have another favorite to add? Also, for dessert I make snowball cookies, no-bakes, and pumpkin pie. If you have any recipes that are good enough to make EVERY year at your holiday dinner, can you pass them on? Thanks in advance! :)

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cranberry sauce: boil 1 lb berries in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar til soft. Add the zest and juice of 1 orange, simmer 5 minutes, chill.

My lemon meringue is on my site: daniellecooks.wordpress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We have some of the ones that you metioned, plus I have to make pasta salad every year because my family loves it(I got tired of it after about 5 years lol) and deviled eggs(again, I don't eat those, but my husband and son do). I love the veggie and dip tray. Sometimes I make fruit salad too. YUM! Cannot wait for Thanskgiving. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Oh I forgot to add.....I usually set out some appetizers earlier in the day while I'm cooking the other food.......smokies wrapped in bacon sprinkled with brown sugar, spinach and artichoke dip and cheesball and crackers.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We usually have a lettuce salad and some sort of fruit salad along with the other regular stuff - what kinds they are depends on who brings them each year!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010