What do you put in your tunafish salad?

What is your secret to making great tunafish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• tuna, micracle whip, diced onions, half of an apple or jicama diced, small dot of mustard, chopped hard boiled eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder. I like the pp idea of dehydrated onions, too.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• tuna, Miracle Whip (sorry, I grew up with it!), Grey Poupon, and dehydrated onions.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• tuna, miracle whip (tried with the real stuff and it's not as good), onions and celery
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I put dehydrated onions so I don't have to ruin a whole onion ;) Tastes just as good!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Tuna, also Miracle Whip, onions, and pepper. Simple but tasty! :D Sometimes I also add dill relish.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 5:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Real Mayo, garlic salt, onions, pickles (and lots of them), and a little bitty bit of mustard
    MomOf2Turds

Answer by MomOf2Turds at 5:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• miracle whip and boiled eggs
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• tuna, real hellman's mayo, celery, carrots, onion (all finely chopped), pepper
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• miracle whip (1 tsp per small can), a bunch of pickles, onions (i usually dice a bunch at once and keep them in a freezer bag in the freezer and just pour out what i need when i need them), salt, pepper, eggs, and on wheat toast with cheese.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If you mean like the kind you use for a sandwich, I used to use miracle whip, but it's too sweet now that they changed it to high fructose corn syrup...so now I use my own mixture of mayo, apple cider vinegar and a tiny bit of sugar. I mix the mayo with the tuna, then add fresh ground black pepper, and that's all I want in it. I make the sandwich with lettuce though.

For my husband I add chopped black and green olives (sometimes pickles too, and then I add 1/2 an avocado, mashed, on one slice of bread...top with the tuna and the other slice of bread. You can see a pic of it here:

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/2008/07/sowhy-so-serious.html

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008