• In the Spotlight:

I know that this sounds stupid, but I would appreciate the advice! I was almost two weeks late and now have been having the wierdest period of my life. It has been on and off for nearly two weeks. There is a possibilty of me being pregnant, Am I?

hayaddy

Asked by hayaddy at 4:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it to me, i had weird periods too both times (not normal for me) right before i found out, so if i were you to be sure take a test
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 5:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It also could be stressed or hormone related. You can have normal periods your entire life and suddenly have an abnormal one for no apparent reason.

A HPT will show a positive two weeks after conception, so you could take a test this week and then wait another week or so to confirm the results.

Good luck!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Just take a test, then you'll have an answer
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• take a test or go to the doctor.......
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 5:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You could be. I wasn't having normal periods before I got pregnant. I'd usually have one every couple of months so when I spotted for one day a couple of weeks after my last period I thought I was having 2 periods in 1 month. I thought, well geez I go from having a period every 2 months to having 2 in one month! Whatever! Well it was actually implantation bleeding. I got a positive pregnancy test a week later. I would'nt have known I was pregnant except for the fact that I was going to start the pill again to regulate my periods and took a test before just to make sure.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Fibroids can cause that as well so don't jump the gun and immediately think pregnancy. Do what the other moms suggested, take a test and then go from there.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008