What do Europeans really think of Americans?

To spice things up a little we can do a vise-versa thing as well.
Please state which one you are, and what you think of the other.

xrussianbabe02

Asked by xrussianbabe02 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Im german.... happily married to an american ;).. dont think i need to say more haha
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I don't really know anyone that was raised in Europe, except my friend who grew up in Germany. She is very sweet. I'm American btw. Depends really on what country you mean, cuz they're all different, with different cultures.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am American, and looking around, I think that we probably make a terrible impression on other countries. Our policies are just plan silly sometimes. Sometimes I think we look like idiots, sad to say.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• feesharose
    What your saying holds validity, but every state in America has different cultures as well, and we still get stereotyped.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am European and I think Americans are like little babies, they have everything ready. (fast foods, directions for every little thing). Also I think they are hypocrites, when I came here I was surprised to see that everybody smiled at you. Not necessary that they like you, but everybody fakes it. Europeans won't smile at you if they don't like you. Also Americans eat to many sweets, that's why so many Americans are obese. I n Europe you won't find as many. This was something that surprised me here, but I think the food has to do with it as well. I know the food it's cheaper, but it's all about antibiotics and concentrates. Not real food. That's why European food is more expensive because it's real food, natural. Also everybody can divorce when they want to. I heard couples that were together for 30 years and after that they decide they can't live together anymore. I thought that was childish.
    Anonymous

• I think Americans (especially over the last few years) are seen as bullies (politically) by other nations. That's why many of my European friends are quite excited about our new president, etc.
    EuroMomTX

Answer by EuroMomTX at 6:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009