Have you purchased identity theft coverage?

My bank offered identity theft coverage through one of their vendors. Have you purchased this? The fee is $16 a month, and I am wondering if it is worth it.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have identity theft coverage through my homeowners insurance. It was an add on to my policy.
    NanDar

Answer by NanDar at 12:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sorta- we have identity insurance so that if something where to happen they would pay to fix it up. I think the average person that has their identity stolen spends over 600 hours trying to clean it up. The company we went through (Zander insurance) will take the time to clean up our records for us if our identity were to get stolen. We pay $12.50 a month for family coverage and it covers ID theft, medical ID theft, Theft by a family member, criminal ID theft, Tax fraud, social security fraud... things like that.

People don't realize that it's not just your credit ID that can get stolen- it's your whole life!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i think 16 a month is high.
    we have had two different ones. the first one failed to inform us that my husband was dead!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY but anyone who is spending any money near that is completely MIS-INFORMED....I work for the WORLDS #1 leader in IDT protection and Restoration, KROLL...who incidently helped take Enron down and help int he capture of Saddam Huessin...I would NEVER EVER use my bank..
    I have total information for you that includes a FREE living will and 24/7 Legal protection from your top rated lawyers from your state as well.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2010