friends

Is it wrong to call friends on the phone to say hello. I was yelled at by one that I thought was a friend. I only call once a week on fridays. But I was just told it was smothering.Why not been honest first instead of yelling at me. I would have understood it better than this way.I am so hurt.Then since no income and married just not happily she told me a bad mom for staying.We are doing bankrucpy so money is a problem. So hope some one out there will give me a hint to call ing is it smothering?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 12:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a shady friend. I talk to quite a bit of my friends every day. If she's not there for your hard time-she's not a real friend at all!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• sounds like she wasn't really a friend afteralll....calling a friend once a week is not smothering at all- it doesn't mean that they'll always have time to talk, but that's usually how you maintain a friendship. I wouldn't waste my time with her anymore- find someone more deserving of your friendship!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think you did anything wrong but she doesn't seem as friendly as you are. We all have different preferences. She didn't have to be mean about it, though,.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 12:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• wow yeah thats no friend! I'd love it if ANY of my friends called me just to say hi! Plus your not a bad mom. Everyone has their problems!
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 12:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I she has something else going on. A friend would be happy to talk once a week....if she cannot she should be able to just say call me later, i have something going on right now.
    Whattodo101

Answer by Whattodo101 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• :( I would never yell at a friend like that...I <3 my friends...I do text more then talk because i am hard of hearing but I do my best when a friend calls to go to a place with no children so i can hear ow they are..What a mean friend....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sounds like there's more to it than that. Calling just to say "hi" wouldn't cause that. Calling when one feels emotionally needy and depending too heavily on friends to be a sounding board might.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't call my friends very often. I don't like talking on the phone anyway. I think it's because I get bored easily and tune the person out. I will literally stop listening to what the caller is telling me. However, I would never tell a friend that her calling is smothering. It sounds like she has something going on in her life and is taking out on you. Maybe she is jealous and frustrated with what is happening in her life regarding family and finances. Maybe she feels like she wants you to work a little harder instead of taking the "easy" road. Although I know that bankruptcy is not always easy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010