Are you doing anything to remember 9-11 tommoro?

Theres a park 5 minutes away from me called Haverstraw Bay Park, its right on the Hudson River and when 9-11 happened, pieces of the world trade center washed up on shore down there, so they took them and made a memorial kind of thing down at the park, and tommoro there having a memorial ceremony there and I would like to go but It starts at 8 or 9 in the morning and i dont think i can get my 15 month old son up and ready to be there by then, and im not sure if i should bring him even if i could? it might seem rude if he starts crying or something.
I think they always have that moment of silence in the morning too right?
http://www.co.rockland.ny.us/WTC/911.htm

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 12:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I pray for the families daily.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I will just have the little kids tomorrow, and they are really too young to understand. So I will just go through the box I have of magazines, etc. To make sure the memory stays fresh in my mind.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it woul dbe a lovely idea for you to get him up and take him. It is only one ay out of the year that you have to get out of bed that early, right? And it would be understood if he cries or something and you can always walk off from the group if he does. :)

I never usually do anything because I didn't honestly know WHAT to do. But I think I will burn a candle for sure tomorrow and see if there is anything else I can do. When I was in high school we had a memorial day and we marched through the town and to the town flag and raised it to half mast for them.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I will light a candle & take a moment of silence-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not that I know of.. I will be going to church in the evening.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm volunteering with my daughter at "Wings Over Pittsburgh" and airshow put on at the local military base.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, I remember it just fine, kind of hard to forget, just like when the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor on 12/7/1941.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I will be watching the National Geographic special on 9/11. Even though the images are hard to watch, I think it's important to remember WHO the enemy is!!

I remember that day PERFECTLY, right down to what I was wearing--since i was 6 months pregnant at the time with my first child--so many things went through my head that day!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'll light a candle for sure and will probably wear my Big Apple pendant (I've had it for 30 years, it has the NY skyline with the twin towers in it). Other than that, just remembering what happened. My husband wants to watch this special we recorded on the History Channel but I might skip it, the images are still too hard to watch for me.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not really. My kids weren't born when it happened so they don't really know anything about it. Our school's biggest fund-raiser of the year is tomorrow night so I'll be preparing my donations & dessert for that all day, while DH is helping my brother pour a basement. Nothing special.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010