Have you ever been a room mother for your child's class?

How much work was it?

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 1:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, I have ... it was a once-a-week commitment here, so about a 32 hour a month commitment.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It depends on the teacher. I was last year in kindergarten and am this year as well. Last year there were a bunch of us. I planned the winter holiday party and would volunteer to help out with testing, field day, and assemblies. It can be a lot of work, but it is fun!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I only did in the Pre-K class and it was fun but wouldn't want to do it full time like the teacher it made me realize how much work goes into teaching the little ones and this year i plan on doing it in kindergarten
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yep. In our school it doesn't involve much - mainly going along on field trips & helping with the Thanksgiving lunch (K-4 dress like Pilgrims & play games after eating a special lunch).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, I have not. I've seen what is involved, and it's a lot at this school. I'm not interested.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010