Pretty sure everyone in my life wants me to die from postpartum depression

My family wont help out, my boyfriends family hates me so thats out of the question. I tell everybody I am depressed and need some help...but they will make every excuse to not help me. I almost cry trying to talk to my (foster family) -- I don't have my biological family..and they couldn't give two sh*ts.
I feel like fucking hanging myself for my boyfriends family sake, since they fucking hate me so fucking much.
I feel guilty for having the best son in the whole world..
because he doesn't even have his aunts or uncles, or grandma/grandpa..
I wanted to give him everything i didn't have..
and now its looking like the opposite is happening..
I am seriously lost, and my doctor is a goof.
He perscribed me Prozac..and got called in to deliver a baby so he rushed out while I was crying.
SO..basically..
I feel like leaving this world, but I don't want to for my son.
F*uck my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• PM me please. I want to talk to you privately.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• if you were to die, who will take care of your son, think about that he has nobody but you & thats a whole lot reason to live for! Change your Dr. get out of the home call some friends, you dnt always need family!!! gl ill send prayers your way.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Call your hospital or doctor's office and see if there are any resources in your area, like local support groups or hot lines
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Go to a women's health clinic and ask to speak to a nurse. Tell her everything you just said and ask for information on getting serious help. Take your boyfriend with you so he can hear it from someone else how serious post-partum depression can be. And do what you can to support yourself nutritionally by increasing dietary intake of all B vitamins, vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium, all of which are depleted in the bodies of post-partum women and all of which contribute to mood balance and nerve fiber irritability. You can do this. Love your son by helping yourself and getting help.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Perhaps these people can help. GL

Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I have been there and could be able to help you if you message me or add me via friends list!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It doesn't sound like you have postpartum depression as much as feeling sorry for yourself. You have known for 9 months what the father of your child is like, what your families are like, and what your life situation is like. Pregnancy gives you time to prepare. Antidepressants aren't happy pills and they don't make you have a better life. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and make plans for taking care of yourself and your baby. There are lots of ways for new moms to get help. If you don't know where to start, call the hospital labor and delivery floor and they should be able to give you the phone numbers of some social service agencies and mental health clinics that will help. If you really feel like killing yourself call 911.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I've felt the way you feel (not for the same reasons), have you considered getting counseling for yourself? Counselors are understanding and can help you learn to comfort yourself. I've been going for 3 years since I fell into a very deep depression, it was seriously life saving. The only thing that kept me going were my children, and even with that I was so withdrawn I rarely even came out of my room to see them. Try to get counseling, in regard to the thoughts of suicide..you really should have a plan in place in the event it gets the best of you and you do really consider it. My counselor told nearly everyone that has very serious thoughts and starts the process whether pills or more drastic, there is a moment where you think What have I really done. Before you get there you need a plan, who will you call (a friend, family, 911?). Think of your child how much he'll miss for all the moments in his life. Hang in there!
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I know what it feels like to not be able to "snap out of it" like so many people tell me to do. Its frustrating because they don't understand you can't just snap out of it, it is out of your control at times, no matter what you say to your self to feel better, there is that dark part of you that continues to tell you you're wrong and unlovable and not worthy to be here. I do understand and if you ever need to talk privately you can PM me any time. ***HUGS***
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• honestly, as a parent you need to take the responsiblity of getting help for the depression! Any free clinic will help you if you do not have insurance as will S.S.! You need to be an adult and help yourself!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010