Are homosexuals an abomination before God?

Why do you believe that? If so, do you put all homosexuals to death as the Bible commands you to do?

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, and I believe homosexuality is something that occurs completely naturally. You are what you are, and no one should hate you for that. And the God I believe in certainly wouldn't.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Acts of homosexual sex are an abomination to God, just like any other sin. I believe this because God says this His Word. Do I put anyone to death for their sin ? No. 1) Judgment is not my responsibility and 2) I'd have to also kill myself for being a sinner.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I really could not POSSIBLY care less than I do right now. They are who and what they are and they have no more control over that than we straight ones do.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No, God loves them. Homosexual acts are what he hates, as well as any sins of anyone else. God doesn't hate anyone for any reason, He loves everyone no matter what they ever do.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Bellarose0212

You are talking about Judicial law for the nation of Israel, not about individual Christians. I have to an appointment now, but will be back later.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not for my Gods! As for the bible, I don't follow it so I'm free to love as I will and I'm free to live and let live.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Nope, but many modern Christians believe this lie because they refuse to look at the original words and what they really mean. They twist everything to fit their needs and wants instead of understanding that God didn't give a damn who you had sex with as long as you were married, and in that day of age getting married was having your spouse take you into his or her tent and making you their's.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Again you lack understanding of NT Grace.... :-)
    Judicial law was before the Sacrifice on the cross.
    You know I may need to have you guys LISTEN to some teachings on this. It is very hard to explain it in type written form.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't believe homosexuality is an abomination, or a sin. I don't believe God wants us to put them to death, or that He hates them.

I believe the idea of sexuality was more about ritual purity and procreation than about SIN. From what I've read, when the temple was destroyed, the sacred became part of the every day life. There was no separation of sacred and profane. Every moment was sacred, every action was done in the honor of God. It was as if every motion was an act of sacrifice/honor, if that makes sense. So everything was ritually "pure" all the time. That and the Jews had rules to set them apart so that they would stand out - it had nothing to do with sin or right/wrong, but about showing their commitment to God and standing apart. At least, that's what I've read...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Sin is sin is sin. Homosexuals are under no special circumstances or special punishments being reserved for them. I would think they have the same opportunities as anyone else as far as the bible is concerned.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010