Is there anyway...

We'll ive heard that if you concieve in certain spots or months that its more likely that you'll have a boy or a girl which every your shooting for, does anyone have an experiences with trying this because my husband and i reallly want a boy ( either i will love the same) but thats what we want i'll be happy and love which ever i get but yea if you have any experices or know anything about this please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• its all just old wives tales.

there is nothing you can do about the gender. your husbands little swimmers decide if its going to be a boy or a girl.

:)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i heard the same about the chinese calendar being able to predict the sex of the baby but it says if you conceive at 18 years old that there is only like a 17% chance of having a girl and that is what i had! i guess it just depends on what chromosome the male gives you! good luck on having a boy
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• There is a book I have about the Shettles theory. I don't remember the specifics of it, but it does make sense. It has to do with cervical mucous and the time of sex. It's definitely worth a read!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 7:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Supposedly if you have sex like two days before you egg is released there is a higher chance of it being a girl and if you have sex the day of or after the egg is released there is a higher chance of it being a boy. This is because girl swimmers (sperm) last longer than boy swimmers inside you so the extra days the swimmers are just chilling waiting for your egg helps kill off the boy ones and leaves more girl ones. I dont know i saw dr Oz talking about it.
    EthansMomma129

Answer by EthansMomma129 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I had a friend that wanted a girl and she pumped her husband full of Vitamin c. She claimed that the high acidity made it more difficult for the male sperm to swim. She got a gilr, so no vitamin c for hubby. I also had a friend tell me that she read a book that said if you get preggers at the beginning of ovulation, it's more likely to be a boy, and later in ovulation a girl. It worked for her. She has boy, girl, boy, girl,boy, girl
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008