My newest dilemma

My 20 month old keeps climbing into her high chair. The minute I take her tray off to take it to wash it before I can move the high chair she climbs in and starts buckling up. I take her back out and tell her "no climbing" in a very serious voice and she just giggles so then I tried patting her butt and she holds it like I killed her and then starts to climb again. Any suggestions as to how to break ths climbing habit.

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when you take the tray off, put her in her chair and buckle her in, and then go wash the tray. she will be safe as long as she's sitting in the chair. my son absolutely will not go in a pack n play, nor do we have any room for it, so i put him in the high chair buckled in, tray or not, so that i can take a shower, mop the floor, get anything done.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Why can she not crawl up to sit into her high chair?
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm afraid she will tip it over she is like climbing and standing on the tiny tray that is attached to it and it scares me b/c she does right when I walk out of the room.
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would put her some where safe like a pack n play while you wash it. Or entertain her with refridgerator magnets. my daughter 14 months loves them. They entertain her for atleast long enough to wash the tray. Only get them out at times you need to. Keep them in a plastic bag on top the fridge....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had a play pen for a while but my 9 months she was climbing out of that so as of right now she climbs in buckles herself and I just leave her til she says she wants to go potty or play ...thank you all for the responses
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010