Do you think that its impossible to find a job right now for someone who just graduated from college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, if anything I would think it'd be easier because you graduated college?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not impossible. I remember thinking when I graduated in the December after 9/11 that I would never find a job. I started as an unpaid intern, and after three months it turned into a full-time job. Just be persistent, be willing to work part-time, volunteer in your industry wherever you can. You may have an advantage in that your expected salary is less than that of a veteran professional.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Nope, too many if the kids I know that graduated in May are working, with the majority working in their chosen field.

My area has +15% unemployment but the friends I know that really wanted to work have found jobs, the only ones still on unemployment are the few that always have some kind of excuse for not getting hired or losing a job they do get.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• "My pop always said, 'anyone who can't find work ain't looking hard enough'."
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think it might be tough getting a job in the feild the went to school for, but they should be willing to work at any job.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depends on what area it is
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Competition is there and you would have to stand out in crowd of the many applicants for that same position. It would also just depend on what the employer is looking for. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They should be able to find a job somewhere. Not necessarily in their chosen field, but just a job, yeah that should not be too bad.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• depends on your degree, where you live, what kind of job you're looking for, etc.,
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not impossible - but sometimes it is not what you know, but who you know ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2010