Anyone Else Take ...

Flexeril while pregnant? My doctor gave it to me . they are 10 mg and one every 8 hours . They gave it to me because of the pains in my hips and back , they are hopeing it will help . I know i guess it should be ok during pregnancy since my doctor gave them to me just today.But I am a litle worried . Has anyone else taken it before ? Im nervos because I usually dont even take a full dose of tylenol , becausae im worried about the baby . I am 12 weeks just wondering is anyone else has taken them . Thank you

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Is it a pain killer, muscle relaxer or what? I don't think your doc would prescribe something that wasn't safe to take during pregnancy.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Muscle relaxer . sorry didnt think about putting that in there
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'd go with your gut. If taking it feels wrong to you, then don't. I'm kinda feeling the same way. I know my doc can prescribe something safe for me to take for heartburn but I really don't want to take an uneccesary medication. My heartburn is killer though! AAh!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I've taken Flexeril but not while pregnant. It's a strong muscle relaxant. As long as you take it by doctors directions EVERY TIME, you should be ok. He wouldn't have prescribed it if it isn't safe, but you don't have to take it if you dont' feel comfortable.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ive had it before as well just before lol i wasnt pregnant and i was in high school usually after a sports injury lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have used it in the past, but not while pregnant. I didn't want anything extra for pain during my pregnancy unless I could no longer handle it. If your doc prescribed it it should be okay, otherwise go with your gut and don't take it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My sister was prescribed Flexeril while pregnant for an injury that flared up. She filled the prescription but never took any. Apparently the doctors are convinced it is safe, but ultimately it is your choice! It is a personal thing, but I am wondering after weeks of not taking even an entire dose of tylenol how your body will react to it? You may want to factor that into your decision. I would take the first dose with someone you can trust around in case you get dizzy or something like that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/pain-meds.html

check your bottle and see what it's made out of. use that and check this website here and see if it's listed. it's a list of what's safe/not safe while breastfeeding, but it also has on there for pregnancy as well. some things that are ok while preg isn't while breastfeeding and the other way around.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008