How can I get rid of migraines without medication?

I've been getting really bad migraines ever since I started taking the prenatal vitamins prescribed by my doctor. It gets worse when I stand up, to a point of making me dizzying and causing me to pass out. I need a natural way to rid myself of the headaches so I can keep up with my 14-month-old.

MoonTarot

Asked by MoonTarot at 5:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• "since I started taking the prenatal vitamins prescribed by my doctor."

id suggest to not take it anymore then.. just eat fruits and veggies instead of this "crap".

Sorry to say that. but its more healthy to just eat fruits and veggies than those vitamins.

btw. i used to take those too, but only because i couldnt eat ANYTHING at all.. i could only drink water and eat some bread because i was so sick. Well those "vitamins" made it worse. so i immedately stopped taking those.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Gatorade is great for headaches and migraines. The electrolytes or whatever it has in it helps with helping them go away.

Also, contact your dr and see if they can put you on a different prenatal vitamin.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I would ask about another prenatal. My dr allowed me to take excedrin migraine when i couldn't function from them until I hit the 3rd trimester. Then I would use Tylenol and drink a small cup of coffee to help. I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I agree with the first post - choose to eat better fresh fruits and veggie. Your body is only absorbing about 10% of the vitamin content from the pills. If you eat plenty of fresh fruits or veggies (fruits and veggies have the same nutrient content based on color), you will get all the nutrients you need for vitamin intake. The body can only absorb vitamins in plant form anyway, so spend the money on the food instead of pills. I have had to do research on this type of subject for my business, I have interesting info on my page if you would like to visit it.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• The Problem is the type that you are taking and also that you are toxic, I have been there. I seen a natropath and she put me on a detox diet for 10 days and I start taking a whole food prenatal, (message me if you need info on what I use, i don't have it here at the computer right now.) I have never had another of those horrable migrains again, and just like the first post said lots of raw fruits and veggies. LOTS of water, and I still detox every new season. Kisses
    sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008