Does anyone participate in PA's cyber school?

I am just wondering if anyone participates in PA's cyber school that is free online. If so, what ages are your kid(s) and when did they start. I am very interested in this but my son just start Kin. this year and my daughter will start Kin. next fall.

Thanks for any information you can give me good or bad.

Demoness222

Asked by Demoness222 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-20 Credits)
  • There are several cyber schools in Pa. My son started one near West Chester last Feb. when he was in 9th grade. He loves it because he has so much more time for his interests and to do things with his friends. Most of his friends are older so he didn't talk to them much in school anyway. I did say that if his grades dropped even slightly (he was allowed only one B) or if his social life declined, he was going back to his old school.
    Well he has received straight A's both times and actually has too much of a social life. Lol.
    I would make sure your child has lots of interaction with other children. I feel that is most important.
    Also, there is lots of parental involvement per day with younger children.
    Send me a message if you have any more questions.
    Good luck!
    karbi

Answer by karbi at 11:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2008