Where did you have your childs 1st birthday?

I'm stuck on where t do it. It needs to be a public place. My mom is sayin chuck e cheese, but that's a bit expensive and he can't really do anything there.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For my daughters we had it at my SILs large house since it was November
    or my son we had it at a park because it was July
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well for both of my girls 1st bday parties i just had them at my house ..they are so younge they really dont know whats going on so i didnt want to have it in a public place because it was 2 expensive so i just invited some family over and i made a cake and we had a little cook out it was very nice
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had both thier first birthday parties at home.
    What time of year will his birthday be? Is there a chance it could be warm out that day? Maybe have a birthday cookout bash at a park.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• #1 - our living room. #2 - IL's back room (like an all-seasons room). #3 - our backyard. #4 - IL's back room.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We are having a BBQ at my parents house for their first birthday. We live far away from both of our families so we figured it would be easier if we were the ones to travel to them and that way everyone will get see them! The idea is to keep it simple, cake, balloons, hamburgers hotdogs.
    TwinzM0mmy

Answer by TwinzM0mmy at 1:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We had my DD's first birthday party at my parents house, in their backyard. We invited all the family and had a cook out. Then some of the kids swam afterward.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• At home.

I see no need in paying buttloads of money on a party only the parent will recall.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My MIL's back yard. She lives about 6 hours north of us but my husband's entire family is in the area, whereas all mine are 3,000 miles away so we were able to do a family birthday which is what we wanted.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• With my son we had it at a hotel. My husband works for a large hotel chain, and they have Hospitality Suites. Basically, it's a guest suite but with tables and couches instead of a bed. It had a small kitchen, and a bathroom. I think we got it for $50. We were living in an apartment at the time, and we had family from out of town staying at the hotel so it worked out. My daughter will turn 1 in February, and we'll probably just have it at the house.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My son isn't 1 yet.... but we plan to have his birthday at the swimming pool..... he loves water.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010