Would you pay for your pre-schooler to take computer classes?

I would like to start my own business where I would be traveling around and teaching computer classes in local daycares/preschools. The program I would use is NAEYC accredited and very fun and educational for the kids. The classes would last 8 weeks with one 1hour session every week. The cost would be between $10-$15 a session or $80-120 for the entire 8 weeks. Recent research indicates that computer usage at an early age increases IQ.

Would you consider signing your 3-5 yr old up? Trying to get parental feedback before I invest any money.

P.S. I am a certified elem. teacher already

love2teach333

Asked by love2teach333 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would. I have a 3 yo and he loves to get on the comp and play games and I would love for him to know how to do more things on his own. I'm trying to teach him little by little but I don't have hours to sit and teach him. I would pay $150 for an 8 week class to teach him so your prices are very reasonable. I think it's a great idea!! Good luck with everything and if you come to Pa let me know..lol
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No. I would teach them myself if I thought he/she needed it.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No. By the time DD is 3-5 years old, I'm willing to guess she'll have more computer experience than would be typical (or possibly covered) by that type of program. It may be an interesting program for other people, but not something I would be likely to consider personally.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• no, i would not.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Not a chance.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 2:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hmmm....rethinking my idea. Doesn't sound like something parents would pay for. Thanks for the responses so far though.
    love2teach333

Comment by love2teach333 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My son can learn from us b/c my dh is a Network Engineer. That being said...his preschool has a computer lab where they go everyday and teach the basics.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Absolutely not. There's no reason for a child that young to be on a computer and, to be honest, if there WERE any reason, I think I'm pretty computer savvy enough to show them what they'd need to know.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:30 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Did I mention that the program is educational? I believe kids learn things easier if it is presented in a visual hands on manner. I appreciate your opinions keep them coming!!
    love2teach333

Comment by love2teach333 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No, I don't think my 3.5 yr old needs to know more then I can teach her
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010