Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Anyone having Child support issues?

I was wondering if there are any other females/males that are having child support issues. I am having a diffcult time getting my payments from Georgia and Alabama (I know that every state is different) . My child father has been making payments since July 2010 and I have not receive any pyts expect 1 ck that was dated 8/24/10 and I just got that one yesterday. Alabama stated that they had the wrg address and all the checks were sent back to them and that was on 8/12/2010. I called Georgia to find out why am I getting a check frm Alabama and not them they couldnt tell me anything , advise me to wait another 10 days....(BS) So I called Alabama (btw:im not supposed to) but anyway, they informed that 8 checks have been sent out from the main office in Alabama and they are sitting in the county that the father resides in. Called the county and come to find out that someone is holding them...for what reason IDK..What shld I do?

Answer Question

Asked by mom42107 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 13 (1,080 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Yeah, he quit his job of 15 yrs and works under the table so they can't find him. I have been divorced 14 yrs with 3 kids and he has not paid one thin dime.

    Answer by salexander at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • Contact child support enforcement devision...

    Mine is presently close to $4,000 behind. He pays when its convenient, works under the table to avoid taxes, and then acts like I am robbing him when he does pay anything. He's a douche.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • @ salexander....damn that is messed up. My child father refuse to quit working, he loves money too much and he loves his and his truck, and his clothes....he is very materialistic.

    Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • @ obbydobbie....damn I am complaining about 1000.

    the father is paying but the state is not releasing the payments to the proper person which is me.

    Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • I get "payments" at odd random times...they are like little Christmas presents, I never know when or how much they will be when they come.

    Answer by keisha613 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • I got you all beat! My ex owes 18,000! He has made maybe 3 months worth of payments in the last 7yrs. he works under the table also and when he does get a garnishable job he quits after the first payment is deducted. AND he lives with his Mom, no bills.

    Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • Contact your State Attorney General's Office and they will give you the information you need to file through them and they will enforce it and you will get your child support. Even if your ex changes jobs, they track them down. You will need his Social Security number though

    Answer by KimPippin at 12:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.