Loud kids in resturants ?

Our local news show did a story on a local restaurant owner that put up a sign that said No whining or screaming children. I posted a reply that said I would like to take my 3 boys in there when they are tired sleepy and hungry and let her tell me to leave this is a free country, I was really kidding , I would never take screaming kids in a restaurant, I just thought other mothers would take my side because this seems like discrimination against families. Anyone agree?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Well, they do have the right to refuse service to anyone. If my DD gets loud in a restaurant, I take her outside so other diners don't have to hear it. Personally, I don't want to hear screaming kids when I'm trying to eat!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It does seam to be quite discriminitive to me also. We went out to eat at Pizza Hut the other night and ended up leaving part ways through the meal because our five month old son wanted pizza and hot wings too and couldn't have them! lol, He seriously kept crying and reaching for our food even though he had just had his bottle. He wouldn't even eat all of his bottle for wanting our food so bad! Little punk! lol

But I would definately be pissed if I saw that sign in the window of a restaurant. That's just rude in itself.

I see where they are coming from truthfully, but it is still rude.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i agree with you for the most part. i do understand why she doesn't want loud children in her restaurant, however i think it is up to the parent to show enough courtesy to take them out while they calm down instead of having a rule imposed on them. i don't think she meant for her sign to be directed towards those with autism or any other disability. i think it was made for all children in general. anyway, it was a very rude thing for a business woman to do. i'm sure she'll lose lots of customers because of it.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• We pretty much never took our kids to restaurants until they were old enough to sit and behave for the most part.
    or movie theaters for that matter. I definitely do not want to have to listen to a screamer when I am out to eat.
    I hate having to hear them when I go to the store -maybe it's bitchy or I'm getting old -but seriously, I never wanted other people to have to deal with MY screaming kid, so I figure if I could eat at home with them so others didn't have to deal with it, then other people can do the same...
    *yes my kids screamed at the store sometimes too- I get that a lot of moms have no choice but to take the kids with them for that, it's the only reason I ever took mine when they were little. It can't be avoided
    but eating out or going to a movie is not something you have to do
    I don't think her sign was aimed at anyone specifically- just kids in general and I would personally never post a sign that said that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• She might loose customers but I bet she will gain some too.

Why can't parents control their children?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes, i mean what about a tiny baby> Cant help that one, they dont know any better! BOO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• hmm,maybe kids 3 n under should be accepted? I think thats a bit understandable people can be so rude and judgemental sometimes.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I dont want my kids screaming in public either, I do what ever I can to control them. I think this lady who posted the sign must only want drinking adults in her restaurants and I wouldn't be taking my kids there any way,
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It was probably posted for the people who will sit there letting their 5 year old scream and act like a heathen. You know the ones- their kids are throwing food and harassing the people at the next table while their parents completely ignore them. I have three kids but they act right in a restaurant.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It depends on if the parents are trying to get a handle on the children or not... I hate going out to eat & have a child (Not a baby but A CHILD) screaming &/or running around. I agree that if the parent isn't trying to control the child that they should leave. I would leave if my son was acting up like that... I wouldn't want to ruin the dinner for anyone else. so why should they ruin mine?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010