Anyone have issues with your hubby's first wife(ex)

My husband's first wife is crazy and I'm not saying to be like everyone all says the ex is crazy but she has been locked up in a looney bin and she is diagnosed bipolar and refuses to take meds. Anyway she is on her third divorce in three years and she lives on the other side of the country and she did not inform us that she was moving let alone let us know she got married she calls about once a week now she was calling everyday for a month but her routine before that she would call once a month to once every 6 months. She wants to talk to the kids but b/c of the way she acts and tries to say stuff to turn the kids against us we do not let her talk to them. She has tried to take my husband to court b/c she does have visitation rights but she has not been able to see them since Dec 2008 and that is b/c she moved. Well we moved last year and said that she was going to make my husband go to jail for kidnapping since we moved.

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• You should file for parenting time modification and you can ask for supervised visits or an introductory period since she has nott seen them for so long. In an effort to rebuild the relationship between her and the kids. You can bring up mental instabilit
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am the first wife (the ex) and his new wife clearly has issues with me. Not sure why, though. I make no demands, offer to let him see the kids whenever he wants, have accepted less child support than ordered (even forgiven it when he had an emergency). I've never tried to "win him back" and I never disparage him or her to the kids. I don't argue with either of them, kids present or not. I've even sent presents down to THEIR children for their birthdays and Christmases. Yet, she still throws screamimng fits if I call or email anything to him about the kids and refuses to allow them to visit at all.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Wow. sounds crazy. If you informed the courts of your new information and she had a contact # or address then you should be fine. I would be careful in not letting her talk 2 the kids. It could be seen as parental alienation/interference.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Used to, not anymore. She was a horrible mother and she was crazy signed and certified by a judge. She chose drugs over her son more than once and then ended her own life. Sad...
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I don't think she has any grounds for the kidnapping charge, but maybe you should consult legal advice, if you haven't already, to make sure. If she moved away from her ability to have visitation, well, that's sad but her own doing. I think it's a tough choice, because you don't want to stand in between the kids and their mother because eventually they will be older and have a relationship with her and you don't want to have to answer to why you didn't let them have a relationship. Plus, it's just sad that they don't get to talk to her. But, if she is being mean and nasty and upsetting them with harsh words said against their parents, that isn't good for their psychological health. Perhaps she could send letters or emails and they could keep contact that way, so you could make it clear to her that any negativeness that will upset them would be deleted? Or maybe just have calls on speaker?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I did for a while I put her in her place she used to do that all the time calling & I would just lay the phone down & walk away she could do all the screaming and yelling into air I really didn't care. I let her know that she could call 1 time a week on her non visit weeks and none on her vistiation weekends. Since I wasn't married to my dh then & we/he had custody of his son then and the phone was in my name since she left him in such a mess he couldn't even get a phone or utilities in his name I had full control of everything & after a while I just got a cell phone put an end to her constant harassing me & I also got a restraining order on her for all she would do when she came to my home.
    Later she tried to think she was becoming my friend telling me of all people how to do cooking and what not (her favorite meal to cook was hamburger helper) I am a school cook & a damn good cook so I just told her I really didn"t her BS
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thanks for the responses
    this post said there was no question so I didn't even realize it posted til now
    sweet_mamaof3

Comment by sweet_mamaof3 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010