Is liking cartoons at 41 weird?

I still love spongebob and am at 41. My kids have moved on shouldn't i? It is the simple jokes especially around squidward that crack me up. Should i try to move on or just let my kids roll their eyes at me?

Mariejen

Asked by Mariejen at 1:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• I am 51 and I love Bugs Bunny! I especially love when Warner Bros. did the ones with the cartoons of the movie stars! Just about anything Warner Bros. cracks me up! I have favorite Flintstones epsiodes too, like Ann Margrock or Stony Curtis! My dad would stop everything Saturday mornings to watch the Road Runner with us! Favorite SpongeBob...SpongeBob Hall Monitor!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• NOT liking cartoons, at ANY age, IS weird!

If you haven't already seen it, I HIGHLY recommend Invader Zim!

Oh, and you're only as old as you feel.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• nope, I LOVE Invader Zim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Jimmy Neutron and even Spongebob some days ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i'm 22 and watch Spongebob every morning....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Absolutely not! You like what you like...watch whatever makes you laugh! I love spongebob too.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No way! me too! :) I love them all! (well most) I also like the adult ones too! (Simpsons, Family Guy South Park King of the Hill, Cleveland Show etc...)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Hey! You are as young as you want to be. .
    I love Tom and Jerry once in a while.
    Remember the black and white Mickey Mouse...
    Still love going to Disney and love donkey in Shrek!
    If it makes you smile, why not?
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 1:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am forced to watch Spongebob right now we have 24 episodes DVR'd by my 5 yr old son, some of the episodes are funny and some are not ..but it's ok to like cartoons at any age
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It's a very north american idea that animation is strictly for kids. The rest of the world doesn't have that reference, and it's starting to make changes to US animation --MTV had some 'adult only' animation that was pretty successful (and some of it was amazing!)

It would be help to have the confidence to enjoy what you enjoy and stop wondering what other people think about that. Because mostly they don't. Think, that is.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Invader Zim... i will have to llook for that one.

Tom and Jerry, and whatever happenned to Bugs Bunny anyway?

I still love disney and was first in line for their autograph when we went... Thank God i am not the only one. whew! Thx for all your posts and replies back to this one!!!
    Mariejen

Comment by Mariejen (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2010