so do you think im a mom?? lol how life changes

so i find myself talking to my friends on face book about cartoons lol i was having a conversationg with my friend who also has a son my sons age and we were talking about the episode of the backyardigans from a day before lol. today im finding myself lookig trough netflix for wonder pets episode while my son is napping lol i find myelf playing with my son and his cars and i feelhappier playing with him then going out with my friends lol before i was such a neat freak that everything inthe house had to be perfect and now sometimes i just dont care if his cars are everywhere wow how life change what are some things that remind you of your mom life or have changed from your not- kids life lol if thats even a word i dont think so lol

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol. You sound like me! I enjoy watching SOME of the shows my DD watches. Like Dora the Explorer, Yo Gabba Gabba and Little Bear. I don't have any "friends" anymore so I most definitely love spending all my time with my DD. :) You're still a mom, you are just getting the mindset of your child so it's easier to communicate with them and entertain them!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My mom was playing with my kids last night and I realized that all of the things she does to them I also do to them! lol

We make the same animals noises at them and everything! Ha! Ha!

I think my 5 month old infant was intrigued that these two women act so much alike!

As far as doing all that stuff with the kids, I do it too. I am a MOMMY now and will ALWAYS be a MOMMY!

I will be sad when my children move out and leave me. I will have to learn new hobbies! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I'm with you Obby. I'm not defined by motherhood, or by my status as a wife. I am myself. I am defined my far more accomplishments than I could possibly list here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mother!! While a lot of my current thoughts/actions/planning/etc revolve around caring for my child, being a mother is not my sole purpose to life or existence. Yes I am a mother, but I am SO much more than that as well.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• you're a mom the day you get preggers :)
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I am not defined by motherhood. I am a mother, but I am also a person. I greatly look forward to the day when my children have grown enough to not need my constant supervision and guidance, so that I may once again pursue life as I would like to know it. :)

As for being a nest freak- Having kids made me more of one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010