Has anyone been the victem of a robbery?

I don't think this has a proper catagory on here but here goes. The other night I was the victem of a home invasion style robbery. Myself and my boyfriend were tied up with tape, the beat him up and molested me. We did nothing to stop them because they told us if we cooperated they would haarm my 3 yr old daughter in the next room so once they were done I checked and she was asleep and actually asked why I had woken her up. I was wondering can anyone relate and maybe help me figure out how to deal with it all. As a final note after all this I still feel lucky none of us were seriously injured but I just can't sleep in my house any more. So if anyone has or knows of a 2 bedroom in south jersey please let me know.

Here is the link to my newspaper artical: http://www. nj. com/bridgeton/index. ssf?/base/news-3/1223960115100990. xml&coll=10

emtmommyamanda

Asked by emtmommyamanda at 5:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• I had a friend that was a victim of a home invasion, you were lucky and very smart not to fight them, my friend's SIL tried that and got shot. They caught the guys thank God but they moved almost immediately, because like you she didn't want to stay there any longer. It took a while but they are doing much better.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Did you report this to the police?
    Goodness! I can only imagine how scarey all of this was including having your baby girl in the next room and not being able to do anything. My suggestion is to get into some sort of trauma councelling ASAP. You are VERY lucky that no one was seriously injured but being victimized in the manor that you were, can have a HUGE impact on your life. Seek out some trauma counceling for sure and if you can afford to, I'd move. Living in the same home that this took place is going to make it so hard on you.
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008