Things "down there" after having a baby?

Everything I've read has talked about how to strengthen and tighten your vagina again after having a baby but I don't seem to have that problem. It's been a little over two months since I had my son and I never did any exercises to tighten back up. We've had sex but I've been so tight it hurts pretty badly everytime so I feel like I just had the baby again. I delivered vaginally and didn't tear or have to be assisted, could that be the reason? Has this happened to anyone else and does it just go away with time?

nertoshbaki

Asked by nertoshbaki at 6:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• It may take some time before your sex life is back to "normal". The sensation of tightness isn't far feched- your body is trying to go back to the way it was. You may also have a low estrogen level (This is particularly true for breast feeding mommies) following delivery which causes dryness. Call your obgyn and they may prescribe a form of estrogen to help lubricate things which will make it less uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• My son is almost six months and it still hurts to have sex. I tore though when I had him and about every other month I re tear a little after having sex.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 6:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• your body is essentially over compensating. This may be an overshare, but my husband is very well endowed and even 8 weeks afterward, we couldn't get it in. We had to really slowly ease back into sex.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• happened to me too. give it time.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• it took me about 2 years to completely NOT HURT AT ALL~
    godsgirl746

Answer by godsgirl746 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008