Does Palin use her kids??

I feel sorry for the Palin children. They're toted from state to state, event to event. Sometimes they're shown up late at night in front of huge crowds. What really got me is when she took the two girls onto the ice at the hockey game last weekend. The crowd booed very loudly. A commentator said that the youngest daughter was told to wear a team jersey in order to gain their favor. They had to be embarrassed. How horrible! What do you think??

...Ruth...

Asked by ...Ruth... at 6:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • you betcha!!! .....LOL
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm disappointed, ny.chia, you didn't wink at me! LOL
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 6:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Another question....if you feel she uses her children, what does this tell you about her character??
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 6:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ok. ok. wink wink.. did I distract you from the question yet? lol

as a woman she is a total disappointment to me. lately everytime I see her on tv she is campaigning with her 7 yr old or her new born. Always using her kids to get sympathy. she is a shrew who hides behind her kids and religion.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I don't agree with her parenting choices. I feel that her political stances are a contradiction to her family needs.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• short answer: yes!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 6:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ARE YOU KIDDING?!! Obama has PARADED his children onto the cover of every magazine out there! That put his children out to much larger audience than her children are involved in. and as too the hockey game that speaks way more to the charachter of those booing than it does to Sarah Palin. If she didn't bring her children she would be accused of not spending enough time with them! I noticed the Michelle Obama hightailed it back to her children after Palin was announced and that now she keeps a much lower profile then she used to.........maybe because NEITHER of them were home with their kids. They were quoted as saying they don't know what they would have done without her mom to take care of the kids.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Would she be a better Mommy if she did her own thing and let someone else take care of her children for her. I'll give you my definition of Hockey Mom it means family and supporting your family. I'm sure her 5 month old has been with her to every hockey practice her kids had to go to, I'm sure all of the kids went and supported the other kids playing hockey at their hockey games. Hockey Mom means healthy family and it also means a family that plays together sticks together. Her children if asked I'm sure would proudly support her as a Vice Presidential candidate, and if her children wore a Jersey of a team they supposedly didn't like, not really believing this as if you like hockey and you get the opportunity to step out on the ice your proud, especially if your Mom tells you to, because they are also well disciplined.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Or...you could think of it as some SERIOUS education and experiences for the kids to carry under their belt. What an amazing learning experience.

What do you expect her to do, ignore her children and forbid them to go anywhere with her? Then they would attack her for neglecting her children....cant win!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• not ignore them but why does she parade them around at every event. granted she only parades around the new born an dthe 7 year old. where is the 17 yr old? They are kids and parading around everytime their mom has a rally is not what schildren should be doing. she is using them for political reasons.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008