does anyone about gestational diabetes??

mandie2010

Asked by mandie2010 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had it - what's your question :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• well since i got pregnant all i have had is complications, and now i find out i have GB i follow the diet and excercise, but i am still worried about whats going to happen with me and my baby, i have read i think EVERY article about it, but still worried and dont understand? am i doing something wrong? will this cause my baby to have a problems?
    mandie2010

Comment by mandie2010 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I had GD with 4 out of my 5 pregnancies. It's nothing you did - it's just how your body is processing sugar/insulin. It doesn't mean your baby will have any problems as long as you maintain your sugar levels. With my 2nd and 3rd babies my GD was diet controlled, with the 4th and 5th I ended up needing an oral medication to help. But they were all born healthy and happy!

Answer by missanc at 2:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• thats good to know. this is my first so, i worry about everything!
    mandie2010

Comment by mandie2010 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No , there is nothing you have done wrong, your body just isn't producing / using the bodies insulin correctly. there is nothing you could have done differently to make this not happen - remember that - I had similar feelings and also I followed the diet and excersize but my sugars were still high,, i had to take meds then give myself shots.. some peoples bodies just diet change isn't enough so don't be shocked or upset if that does happen. You should be making an appt to talk with a dietician and she will thoroughly explain this for oyu!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010