I am 17 weeks pregnant and just found out i have RH Incompatibility because my blood type is O negative and my husbands is A positive. Has anybody dealt with this? Should I be concerned?

This is my first baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You're fine sweetie, they'll give you a Rogahm shot before and after you have the baby, that's all there is to it. I had this with my kids, I'm O-, hubby is B+.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 6:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Same here, i'm A- and he's O+ and they gave me a shot part way threw the pregnancy and then after the baby is born they test the babies blood. If the baby is negative then you're fine and don't need another shot, but if your baby is positive then you got another shot after the childs birth. Not a big issue. I think the worst side effect i experienced from the shot was my arm hurt while i was pregnant, but when i got it after she was born, i had no side effects. Don't let it worry you.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yep i went through this times 3 { me = B-   hubby = O+ } ... poster #1 is rightgood luck

maofemmjacgav

Answer by maofemmjacgav at 6:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• the main thing they will look for is what blood type your baby is and possible Jaundice if there is a difference, this is caused by baby's liver trying to clean it's own blood and to get rid of the blood from you.
    Anonymous

• You'll be fine, you'll just have to get the Rhogam shot around 28 weeks =] I'm A- and we're not sure what my boyfriend is, so I got the shot just to be safe. It basically protects your future babies from dying before they can get a chance to grow. They'll test your baby's blood when it's born, and if it has a different blood type than you, you'll get another Rhogam shot and so will your baby. But if your baby has the same blood as you, you won't have to get another shot =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008