A question for Witches...

Witches- how do you know your spells work?

How do you know the spell you cast works- how do you know God did not intervene on your behalf? Is there a scientific explanation to the result of your spell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Some people who cast spells do so by calling on God.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Of course there isnt. spellcrafting has to do with natural elements in our world as well as training and honing natural abilities. wether your "God" stepped in and made it happen for us or something else, it matters not. a lot of spellcrafting honestly comes down to force of will and faith. if I believe that the spell I am casting will help me in an endevor of mine, then really its my MENTAL ATTITUDE that makes everything happen. Just like someone who isnt a witch who with strong will achieves the impossible for themselves.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• How do you know when 'prayers' are answered that it wasn't magic and NOT God?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• According to the christians here (and elsewhere) god considers my practice an abomination and would NEVER help me. Ergo, I can only assume that when my spells and magick ARE successful it is because my energy is working. My magick is real. Logic.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Questions with a touch of touche'. I like it. UH OH.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Because I see the results of it working. According to many Christians, God detests witchcraft so why would he intervene?? But since I ask for God's help and guidance in most of my spell work, I thank Him when He does. Scientific explanation to the result of a spell...for every action there is a reaction. The energy I put out goes somewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Actually, there is a scientific answer, IF you understand the science. It's very simple in fact. Everything in life creates and gives off energy. When we focus this energy towards a goal, that energy affects that goal. Magick & Witchcraft isn't "swish and flick" like you see on TV. It's an energy exchange, and it's an energy that can actually be measured, and in some studies has been... Now, does that mean that there isn't a deity involved? Meh, no, there are many witches that involve their deities in their spell work and ask them to add their energy to the natural energy of the witch... But not all do. And frankly, I think some things that people cast spells for are so minute in the scheme of things that no Deity would even get involved... Like finding my wedding ring... Something tells me God isn't worried about my ring... on the other hand, I am, and I found it, thanks to spell work, not God...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• The same way prayers work. You put out a desired energy, and if it comes true, then it worked.

Again, if you legitimately want to know a more in-depth answer, pm me. I won't converse further than a simple explanation in an anon post because I see too much of this that ends up as trolling.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• oh good gravy lady! Stop with the dumb questions! find a pagan, witch craft or whatever else you are waisting your time on website and bug them! geez.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• How do you know your prayers work?

How do you know it was YOUR GOD who intervened and not some other energy and/or force?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010