He is screwing her over and she cant see it!

My exs new GF is trying 2 get declared as mentally disabled (cant understand info, forgets things,learning disabled) to try to get her DD back from Grandma saying she was taken advantage of. He is pushing her to fake tests and get SSI. MORE INFO BELOW

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 2:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• He informed me it is for his benefit so he can take the kids from her by saying she misdoses their meds and forgets them in the tub. She doesnt have this disability but is faking it by playing dumb 2 the dr. She is a good mom, and he is a deadbeat druggie
    Caoimhe_Oona

Comment by Caoimhe_Oona (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think you need to stay out of it. It's not your relationship. Even if you did something about it what are the chances of her believing you? It's not that easy to fake test. Doctors are smarter then that. Sure there has been a few that faked it but she's getting tips from a druggie so it won't work.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• This is a tough call. Some docs will do what the patient asks, just to shut the patient up. Some know the patient is lying, but goes along with it anyway, a lot do. I've had one tell me they do. IDK if you want to do anything or not. Talking to her would be a dead end, I think you know that. But if she were to get caught by the state, well, she'd lose her kids and go to jail. He would just walk on out of her life. So....I really don't see how you could help, she won't listen to you. But, it pisses me off, it would piss me off, if she got SSI, and was being a drain, even a small one, on society just to appease her druggie boyfriend. It's just, it's all hearsay. Hopefully, she won't get anywhere. IDK, see if you can record him saying these things. Maybe she'd see it then? But, then he'd be thoroughly pissed at you. IDK, maybe you should stay out of it, it's a tough call.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• First, I think I'd stay out of it, it sounds like a mess. Second, I think that saying you are mentally disabled may not be the best way to win custody back - the court may see Grandma as the lesser of two evils. They are going to have to prove grandma unfit, and the GF fit enough to take care of the baby. This is a dangerous game, the child may end up in Foster Care. I'm going to guess that she isn't going to be able to prove her "disability" to the court or SSI, doctors just aren't that stupid. Usually.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010