when do you start to get checked for dialation?

i am 30 weeks and i think i am dialating this is my 3rd child but i just cant rember when they started to check for dialation with either child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 37 weeks
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• During labor. Checking before then introduces bacteria into the vagina unnecessarily, and whatever the outcome is does NOT predict when you will to into labor. Unless you are 42 weeks and still haven't gone into labor, I wouldn't let them check you. At that point it might be necessary to see how "favorable" the cervix is for inducement, but before then it's pretty pointless.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 3:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Yeah, everything CrnchyMamaCraig said...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i agree that there usually isn't any reason to get checked, but if you have reason to believe you are going to go into labor early (regular contractions?), then i'd talk to the midwife/dr about that. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• They start checking when you're in your 9th month. I don't remember exactly, but I think it may have been at 38 weeks.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• With both my pregnancies, I was never checked before going into labor, and with my second I was never checked at all. I didn't know how unnecessary it was with my first. I was happy to opt out the second time around. The baby still came, and no one knew a thing about dialation or effacement. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2010