My 5 year old little girl has a slight case of BO...

Is this normal?? It is very faint I noticed it when I was helping her in the shower, and was surprised. She has no underarm hair and is flat chested, no growth, so this can't possibly be puberty can it? I checked my son after this (he is 4 ) and nothing. The smell wasn't overpowering and I think se is way too young for deodorant, I just don't know if this is normal for a 5 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• You could always speak with her pediatrician about it. My son is going to be 11 soon and he has BO sometimes, but I have gotten him a natural deodorant.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Maybe it's from something she ate. Garlic and onions come out of the pores of the skin. Think about what she may have eaten in the past day or two.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• was it a 1 time thing, or all the time?Id it's all the time try talking to her Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Talk to a Dr about what you can do.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• was it just underarm? or maybe a yeast infection that you were smelling? was it a hot day out?
    my kids i won't say have BO... but after a long day of playing in the sun and when it's 90 out...they sure do smell like sweaty kids...
    i would talk to the dr if you think its an issue.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter is 6 and has that problem. We talked to her pedi and she said it doesnt mean anything about puberty, just have her use deodorant, but when kids are active at school and stuff they will stink.
    Mommyof2n0308

Answer by Mommyof2n0308 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my daugther has this too and i give her a shower everyday and make sure her armpits are dry afterwards but i don't know what can cause it, maybe something in their diet is making it happen.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010