My husband just got REAMED by his mother for having another baby.

So we may be pregnant again. I tested and got a faint positive so my doctor recommended I wait about a week and test again. Well, for some reason, my husband told his family that we might have another one on the way. His mother screamed at him and told him how irresponsible he is being and that we are stupid and that we cannot handle another baby.We have 2 children, and will not be able to have more for much longer due to health problems, we both work, our car is almost paid off, and all of our bills are paid. We used condoms, but we knew that one of them broke so it isn't like we are trying or even not taking precautions. Would you say something if you were me or him?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think she's over reacting. It is yalls life and you have to do the best with what god gives you. I think it's funny when new couples say that they're going to save so much BEFORE having a baby. I just want to laugh and tell them "You're never going to have one if you think like that." It seems like there's never a perfect time for another baby. There's always stuff to pay, do and take care of before another one. Anyways, Congrats and Good Luck!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 6:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i feel you on the not knowing what to do thing my SOs mom hasnt even found out yet and she waas already telling him to leave me befor ewe got pregnant cause it was irrisponisble (sp?) idk lol right now 12 weeks for me id probably yell back lol im sorry that you have to deal with that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It's no one elses business but your own and your husband's if you get pregnant or not. My family didn't take me expecting baby #4 very well either, but it's not up to them. If you can afford it and are happy with it then go for it. They don't have a say in it.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• tell them toshut up and go somewere.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i don't get it. is your mother in law carrying the child?? oh- she isn't... tell her to deal with being a grandma- and let you and your husband worry about everything else.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• WHY R MOTHER N LAWS ALWAYS IN R BUSINESS? I WUD TELL HER NOT 2 WORRY ABOUT IT ITS UR LIFE NOT HERS PEOPLE MAKE ME SO MAD WHEN SOMEONE GETS PG AND THEY THINK THEY HAVE A SAY SO
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• When I found out I was having twins, my sisters first reaction was ( yelling) " you can't afford twins! how can you have twins??" Like I ordered them... My MIL's reaction was pretty much the same when she was told we were pregnant with our 4th. Her imaginary perfect grandchild/grand parent relationship got squashed. She couldn't handle 4 kids in 2 years. But that didn't mean we couldn't. Theres nothing you an do about how they feel, or their reaction. What you can control is your own feelings and thoughts. Its your baby, and you and your husband are the only ones that have any say so in your family. She'll come around
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008