Do you think it is save to go tubing down the river for 3 hours while 5 months pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Travel

• how clean is the river?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I would think as long as you are in good shape and only floating along with no problems, it should be fine. You should probably check with your doctor or nurse to be safe.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• What? Your question doesnt make sense.

Do you mean safe?

No it's not okay, it's very dangerous. If it's not recommended for a pregnant women to go a secured amusement rides why would it be okay to go tubing down a river?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Safe or not, I personally would not.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• How smooth is the river? Here in Missouri, we float the Current River all the time, however, it can be very treacherous depending on the water level, if it's rained, etc. Plus, it's always full of partying young people. I, personally, would not do it and would not recommend it.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• NO!! You don't know what could happen. I was really cautious when I was pregnant and just gave up a lot of stuff until after baby. He was way more importantto me then three hours of fun.
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 3:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• as long as yoursafe and watch for stuff floatin in the river you should be okay, dont harm yourself or your unborn baby!! and of course have fun too :)
    bren_011

Answer by bren_011 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Depends on what kind of river it is. Slow meandering one would probably be fine. Wear sunscreen, drink plenty of water and wear a life vest. Super fast turbulent river is not a good idea.

You have to check it out and use your best judgment.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When I was pregnant, my midwife told me it was fine just don't get drunk. lol. I ended up not going.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010