Anyone have a 2 1/2 year old who refuses to take a nap anymore?

hmlegs

Asked by hmlegs at 3:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH yes I Do!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• only oldest, now 8,did this one and a great comprimise that they usually go to sleep anyway for is quiet time, just say you dont have to take a nap anymore but you have to have 1 hour of quiet time in your room. this means only quiet toys, books, ect....my daughter almost always went to sleep anyway until she was 4.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Great idea! I will give this a shot and see if he buys it!! LOL
    hmlegs

Comment by hmlegs (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i know how you feel!! :p mine never took naps, my 3 old refuses to take a nap and my 5 year old has never took a nap unless he just play himself out for the day..good luck
    bren_011

Answer by bren_011 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 2 year old is done with her naps (I think she needs one). But you can't make them sleep! We do have quiet time, and she never falls asleep. My 3 year old has qt, too. It at least recharges their batteries.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Mine went through a stage, for about two months, where he wouldn't, even though you could tell he needed to. And here, in the last week, he's finally started napping again. Which is great for me, lol, I was going crazy with him not napping!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thanks for all the advice...if nothing else...it's nice to know I'm not the only one going crazy!! I too think it may be a stage...I'm just hoping it's short lived:-) I'm really not ready for him to give up his nap! we shall see!!!
    hmlegs

Comment by hmlegs (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Ugh, mine started doing that about a month ago. (He'll be 3 12/27). We'll read books, or otherwise just "relax" together for an hour. He's less cranky, and we get some quiet time together.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• hm, mine went through that at 2 and when i went to pick him up at daycare early one day, he was out. Trick is to play soft classical music on a very low volume in his room. Turn off all lights, close the blinds so its dark, and tell him its time to lay down. Tell him he doesnt have to sleep, but he needs to lay down for a little while.
    Lauren G.

Answer by Lauren G. at 11:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2010