Help my 6 week old baby won't sleep during the day!!!!

My son will not sleep during the day and he is absolutely miserable and crying. I've tried the swing, baby bjorn, laying on the boppy, laying on me (which will work for only a few minutes) and rocking. He doesn't like a pacifer. I've tried, thinking that will soothe him and he won't take one. He is on zantac for AR. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any one have any ideas for a stressed out Mommy?

ajgavutis07

Asked by ajgavutis07 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some breastfeed babies only sleep during and after nursing. The milk has hormones that promotes sleep. My kids never napped as in layed in a crib and slept. Some babies cry all the time and there is nothing wrong with them. My grandson cried all the time until he could walk and then the crying stopped for the most part. My DIL went back to work when he was 10 mo and it's hard to get him to sleep without breastfeeding. He turns 2 Sat. and it's still hard to get him to take a nap. I've gotten hooked on music. I started playing him music when he was around 6 mo but you could start now. He loves music and to dance. He has his own YouTube playlist and can use the mouse to pick the songs. He likes 70s music, soft rock, pop, drums like Santana. He falls asleep to James Blunt Goodbye My Lover.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• he has acid reflux? i would ask the doctor because it sounds like the zantac might not be working. there are a couple other ones out there for babies. if one doesnt work just let the doc know.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• maybe try some soft lullby music and see if that will help
    bamakat

Answer by bamakat at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2010