Why do men...

take so long to complete a single task? For that matter, why do I have to give DH specific chores to do, and keep on him the whole time so he doesn't get distracted? I swear, it's like having a four year old sometimes! Don't get me wrong, I love my hubby, he's a wonderful father and an amazing man, but...ugh!
We dropped our DD off at grandma's so we could do a mass cleaning of our apartment. I started on the bathroom, I gave him the job of DD's room; just clean it up, organize it, vacuum it, etc. I finish the bathroom and decide to take a break, and hubby follows suit; except he hasn't finished DD's room yet!!!
I swear, sometimes I think they do it on purpose so that we pull the "Oh I'll just do it myself" card...

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My hubby is like that. I got pay back. I asked him to put away his clothes two weeks ago, He hasn't & now hes running out of clean socks. (yes he has a TON of socks, but thats mostly bc i get sick of picking them up & I hide them & then he just goes & buys more. =/) & clean clothes, since he's been living out of his clothes basket. I haven't washed any of his clothes & left them on his side of the bed. When asked why I didn't wash anything, I smiled & said well hunny we have three baskets, one for you, one for me, & one for John. Since Your basket still had clean clothes in it, I couldn't use it. & since I didn't have a basket, I couldnt do the clothes. =) He got the hint & put his clothes away &&& even helped me fold & wash the rest.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think that's what they're hoping for! I asked my SO the other night to help me hang up the laundry. Since he sucks at being able to distinguish who's clothes are who's I asked him to just do the pil I had set aside as our clothes. When I was done with THREE baskets of kids clothing (folding, hanging, sorting, etc) he FINALLY finished the pile of like 20 things he had to hang up! lol

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I agree!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think they do it on purpose!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Lol lilmoosesmom, that's what I did to my hubby when we first got married. For days, he kept saying "Babe, I need laundry done" so I would just smile and say "Okay." He took that as "Okay, I'll do your laundry," when really I meant "Okay, what do you want me to do about it?" Trust me, after he showed up to PT one morning with shorts that had cat vomit on them once, he has been doing his own laundry ever since!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Comment by SarahLeeMorgan (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• IDK, I do not have this problem with my SO, as I never ask him to help me. He does however offer to help, but only at the things he knows he does well. why would I ask him to do something he does not like?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010